Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
dav

what does it weigh?

dav
I brought my Big Ten home in a borrowed 3/4 ton chevy(I'd never own a chevy myself). I am guessing that the tractor is about 500 pounds. Is this close? I'm thinking about bringing it with me on June first but dont want to overload my mitsubishi(I almost wish I didn't own this one). Not owning a trailer yet, I want to have the capability of bringing home more than I arrive with. Suppose if I find something too good to pass up, I could jettison the wife to make room!

Roy
Had an 89 Dodge Ram 50 (Mitsubishi) which was a great truck. Put a Cub 102 in it and got 29 mpg from Columbus, Ohio to Morristown, Tennessee at 75 to 80 mph. I think the cub weighed around 600 lbs. My experience,

dav
Thanks Kent. That page has a lot of good info. Roy, my mitsu is an 87 w/ a year old motor, new brakes, and if I can get the tie rods and ball joints done, I think I just might try it. Think I'll rejoin AAA just to be safe.