Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Right Tractor/ Wrong Job????

MPH

Guess I need in invest in a better camera as this one doesn't show what I was in very well. Had the Cat come over and knock the stumps off the clearing project I started in early march, while the ground was still frozen so I didn't lose all the moss and peat that lies under it because if dug in it sortta makes top soil outta this dirt up here. Well, it leaves a mess of roots in the soil also, as I'm in no rush to plant this into anything except maybe some harry vetch to add nitro, thus promote some decay, I decided to go play with the B112 and grader blade today to knock it down a little flat. I need a heavy duty old disk like Herb found to cut up the root mass but such things are slim pickens around here..Someday...MPH

Roy, what your looking at isn't really soil, least not to an ole Nebraska farm boy. Its mostly spagdum moss, a thin layer of peat, a whole lot of spruce roots with a few spots of silt showing. The silt is a lucky find around here cause mostly its 6 inches of red dirt then rocks as far as you can dig...MPH

I have seen that before do you know any one with a pto driven tiller? I seen wonders worked with a compact diesel and a pto driven tiller on that kind of soil it`s really difficult. JBlack