Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
JBLACK

DID I DO OK?

JBLACK
Ok I am still trying to figure out how this all went down with in a weeks time,but here`s the story last saturday I arranged to pick up an old dayton lawn tractor with a fairly new 18hp b&s (made by mtd)figured I would use it to mow between xmas trees at the farm.With this tractor came an A.C.Homesteader 8 complete with a Simplicity snowblower however the rear or trans is locked up. price for all $100.00 Ok now here`s the strange part this past Sat. went to a b-day party for a friend the development had a comunity yard sale that day. When I got there it was over but there was som stuff on the street to be trashed.Well I couldn`t find the right house so I drove on down the street and there was a Simplicity yeoman648 frame sheet, metal,complete deck,trans/rear no engine or wheels but all in perfect condition . price, free just haul away.! HOPEFULLY I will be able to add a yeoman in super shape to my collection! DID I DO OK?

JBLACK
The only thing that has me worried is if the rear and trans is ok in the Yeoman I`m not to informed about this set up. my other tractors are older and are horizontal set ups with seperate bevel gear boxes.Is there anything I should look for? thanx . JBlack