Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

DID I DO OK?

JBLACK

Ok I am still trying to figure out how this all went down with in a weeks time,but here`s the story last saturday I arranged to pick up an old dayton lawn tractor with a fairly new 18hp b&s (made by mtd)figured I would use it to mow between xmas trees at the farm.With this tractor came an A.C.Homesteader 8 complete with a Simplicity snowblower however the rear or trans is locked up. price for all $100.00 Ok now here`s the strange part this past Sat. went to a b-day party for a friend the development had a comunity yard sale that day. When I got there it was over but there was som stuff on the street to be trashed.Well I couldn`t find the right house so I drove on down the street and there was a Simplicity yeoman648 frame sheet, metal,complete deck,trans/rear no engine or wheels but all in perfect condition . price, free just haul away.! HOPEFULLY I will be able to add a yeoman in super shape to my collection! DID I DO OK?

The only thing that has me worried is if the rear and trans is ok in the Yeoman I`m not to informed about this set up. my other tractors are older and are horizontal set ups with seperate bevel gear boxes.Is there anything I should look for? thanx . JBlack

According to my "tractor math," FREE = GOOD ... as long as I have a place to put it.... :)

Fine job, now the hard part. Honey I know you still think I am nuts, but I really can fix it.

Well... I figure I`ll set the two side by side and start painting, cleaning and swapping and if the over spray doesn`t kill me I might make it work!! :D