Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grader Blade...finally!

Dadsy98

I missed out on Dutch's grader blade. His order went in a day before my cash came in :( But, RayS fellow member had one for sale. After a short trip of fifty miles home the blade and hitch are resting comfortably. Here's a picture of it after I rubbed some of the rust off the edge:

Because the lift cable is off to the side of the blade center I noticed the blade doesn't set level, the left end likes to dig in more than the right. Do I live with it or is there a work around? Steve

Steve, You need slack in the cable when the blade contacts the ground. If your cable isn't long enough, add a few chain links to where it is bolted to the blade.

I've got enough slack in the cable when the blade is completely lowered. I was trying to skim the high spots with the blade raised just off the ground level. With the blade completely down I'm impressed with the blade. Stirrups might be nice but right now I think a few visits to an all you can eat pasta joint will improve the blades ability :) Steve

Be a little easier without them there running boards to get a little down force;)B)

It looks like he needs the running boards to stand on seems theres no seat...:)^ I have a tractor or 2 like this....LOL:)

Did you say you traded your seat for that? Actually, that may help you get more leverage with your feet! :o) On my blade there are two holes, each about 6 inches out from the center of the blade. I bolted a small chain to each, and put the cable through the link nearest the center, works well! Good luck! Rob

Rob, I was thinking the same idea, using some chain to adjust the lift point more towards center. I got the seat from the same place Thedaddycat did. These seats seem to withstand the weather better which is a good thing since I have to store the tractor outside ;) I checked my 2110 this afternoon to see how the lift is set up. The lift is on the outside of the frame. That would offset the lift point even more. Will do some more research on that one. Steve