Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Swapping decks

RobK

Hello all, question about deck interchangeability. I have a 4111 with a 36" two blade deck. I saw a 42" 3 blade deck on Ebay and it looked like it had the exact same mounting config. The 42 has the full rollers and a wider selection of blades (need a mulcher). I have infused some more power already so swinging more blades shouldn't be a problem. Any thoughts? Thanks,Rob.

Well I went through this about a year ago with my 4211.I did alot of research on it and found that the 36in. deck is the only one for that tractor...However...If you get a deck from a simalar frame tractor(ie.5200 series) I belive it can be done but you will need to have the PTO linkages ect.from the other tractor as the PTO engagement on the other deck is different from what I have found.Other than that I think it would work.Maybe someone else out their as done it and can tell us both if it can acually can be done.

I have 2 decks right now that I am converting over to make one to fit my AC314. These 2 decks are what look like what would have fit my 4111 and are both 42" with the right side discharge. Both of them have the pto linkages. But I couldn't tell you if they would fit a 4111 since I don't have that tractor anymore?If you need some pics of these decks with the linkages let me know and I'll post them. Kris

I had a 4211 and a 42" deck from a 6100 series (I think). I didn't try to hard but I tried to slid the 42" deck under the 4211. It seemed the wheel base was to short for the deck I had. I also tried lifting the front end over the deck, and still didn't have room.

You might be right about the wheel base as I had not checked on that part.I know that the neighbors 5116 looks identical to my 4211 other that the wider hood & dash to fit that 16hp twin under it.I thought the 42in deck would swap out from that to the 4211 as long as I used the PTO linkages ect.I was always going to try it when I have it over here to service it for him.

Thanks for the replys. I thought the 5200 series use the same frame (or very similar) as the 4000 series. The does anyone know if the wheelbase is longer (to provide more room) on the 5200 series?

I think the wheel base thing may be a problem. I have a 6116. When I mount the snowblower, the manual says to mount the hitch's rear mounting hole to the Front of the mounting lug on the 16 and 18 hp tractors. For the smaller engines, it says to mount to the rear of the lug, making me think that the wheel base may be a problem for you.

I talked with a dealer about this when I was thinking about doing this and he said they have serviced some 4000 series that someone modified a larger deck to work,so I really think it would work from a 5000 series tractor.I am pretty sure the frames are the same on the 4000,5000,and I think the 6000 series tractors.But like I said before I have not done it.When I get a chance I am going to try to swap the deck from my neghbors 5116 to my 4211.I will post the results when I do this.