Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor Grader Blade?

mowerman1193

Does anyone have one of these?I know they made them as I have seen them in the flyer/ads.Not sure how rare they are but I have never seen one.Well I picked up one but I don't have the hitch.Anyone have a hitch to sell or that they can get me measurements and a picture of so I can make one? Thanks,

Here is a pic. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/grader_specs.htm[/url] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_attachments_images/grader_spec2_small.jpg[/img]

That is a picture of a landlord blade I think what mowerman1193 is looking for is a Broadmoor grade blade .. I have never saw a grade blade for a broadmoor they must be rare.....

Yes, This is the blade I am talking about.... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1966/broad_grader_small.jpg[/img] ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 40" Grader Blade (Mfg. No. 298) With this attachment your graded areas will be strictly on the level. It maintains gravel drives, levels loose dirt. Attaches with only three pins, without a single tool. High carbon steel blade is half-inch thick, double beveled and reversible. (Recommend two No. 045 collar weights and No. 300 rear weight.) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- I have heard you can use a snow blade hitch(just reverse it),but the one I have is not complete I dont think.I would need to look at it again to be sure though.

Would this happen to be the one for the Broadmoor? As you can see I hooked it up to the rear hitch to show the width of the grader blade hitch. It is about 3 inches narrower than the Landlord mount brackets to fit under the tractor. Just went out and measured this one. The distance between the hitch mounting tabs are 6 1/2". And this is a 40" blade

Kris, That would be it. Fits Broadmoors, Yeoman, Serf, B207, B208 and more small frame tractors. One thing though, all the drawings show the blade on the front side of the bracket while yours looks like it is mounted on the back side. Will work either way though.:) Sure would like to have one myself, been lookin'.

Kris,thanks for that photo,that helps out alot.Could you measure the length of that hitch from front to rear.I dont want to make mine to long or short as it might rub the tires when its on an angle.I can figure it out but it would be easier with a measurement. Gregc,I think Kris just mounted it on the back of a Landlord to demonstrait the size of the hitch for me.Although it looks like a person could use it as a rear blade if you hooked up a chain to the rear lift. Thanks Maynard for the instuction sheet.

Kevin, Here is the measurement of the length from the front pivot pin to the rear of the hitch. I think GregC was talking about how the hitch was mounted to the blade itself. I never changed anything on this blade since I got it over the weekend, I do see the difference in the picture that Maynard posted from front to back mounting. Kris