Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

728 Broadmoor deck adjustment

JeffN

Just cut the grass for the first time this year and I noticed that it seemed to be cutting uneven. I took a look at the deck and it doesn't seem level. The rollers are set to the highest adjustment from what I can tell. The deck also seems to be lower in the front. I measured the blade height and at the rear of the deck it measures roughly 3 inches off the ground and at the front it measures about 2 inches off the ground. Are there any adjustments I can make to get the deck adjusted right and maybe even get a higher cutting height? The deck height adjustment lever on the right side of the deck doesn't seem to change the height much if at all. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Jeff, just checked my B207 deck, and it looks like all the adjustment is in the rear end of the deck? The rear adjuster is supposed to lift the front as well as the rear.