Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I am now the proud owner of a B-110.

Nick

My friend Michelle called her father asked him about the tractor, He said take it. It has the deck with it, which is in all right shape, and three has three mower deck blades in the basement. For some reason I thought it was a B-208. He told me they used to have a B-208, and that was the one I saw in the family photo albums. He said the carb needs a rebuild. (yea probably 15 years ago, It needs a lot more than that) The problems are, It's stuck in the dirt almost to the axles, The muffler is rusty and about to fall off, The steering wheel pulled out and is not even connected to the front wheels. Gear shifter is stuck, and so is the clutch/brake. (how would I get these unstuck?) also needs sheet metal work done around the battery, was left in there,froze, leaked and ate the side out. I still have to get it home, It's funny how everyone always says If you ever need such & such thing done, give me a call. and it never happens. I uploaded some photos of the tractor at photoisland.com Hello friend, Please come see my new photos on PhotoIsland.com! To get there, simply click the address below and enter your guest password: nicksb110 [url]http://www.photoisland.com/servlet/GuestLogin?[/url]USERNAME=nick3411 If that doesn't work, go to www.photoisland.com, and log in to my albums with the following information: Log-in ID: nick3411 Guest Password: nicksb110

For some reason photoisland.com is screwed up. I'll try again here. [img]/club2/attach/NickStanchak/MyB-110-1.jpg[/img] Front View [img]/club2/attach/NickStanchak/MyB-110-2.jpg[/img] Rear View [img]/club2/attach/NickStanchak/MyB-110-3.jpg[/img] B-110 logo Steering Wheel Pulled Out, Rust And Holes around Battery [img]/club2/attach/NickStanchak/MyB-110-4.jpg[/img]

Nick You got your work cut out for you. But it can be done and you can find about everything here or from our sponsors or on eBay.

Nick, Looks like alot of fun and just about like the AC314 I picked up from a co-worker. I had the same problems. Stuck in the dirt up to it's axles, also stuck in gear, and the battery had also froze and leaked all over. Since then I have got it running and also drove it around the yard just to see if it drives after I rebuilt the tranny,BGB, steering, and unstuck the engine cylinder. Good Luck, Kris

Hi Nick, I'm doing a frame up restoration on a B110, yours looks like it is in about the same condition as mine was in. It's alot of work but it will make one fine tractor when it is done...:)

Wish I knew how to a rebuild the tranny, BGB, and steering. The problems is I am sort of mechanically inclined and not that much to get into those sections of the tractor. I guess I'll be posting lots of questions.
quote:
Originally posted by KSever
Nick, Looks like alot of fun and just about like the AC314 I picked up from a co-worker. I had the same problems. Stuck in the dirt up to it's axles, also stuck in gear, and the battery had also froze and leaked all over. Since then I have got it running and also drove it around the yard just to see if it drives after I rebuilt the tranny,BGB, steering, and unstuck the engine cylinder. Good Luck, Kris

Looks like the B1 I just got from Loydboy It is tuff shape but well worth what I paid for it.It does have a broken rod in it but the crank is good so I will take apart a parts engine for the rod.I also picked up a nice little Wheelhorse All i have to do is find out what model it is.Good luck on the nice project.Just a little bit of work.Bob

Nick, Nice find. Looks like a great project. You can download manuals from simplicity's website that will give you all of the information you need to know on how to take it apart and put it back together. The simplicity equivalent to your machine is a 2010. Several tractor models are combined into one manual in .pdf format, including your tractor. This is not the correct manufacturers number for your machine, but it will get you a manual you can use: 990351 Get that and the repair manual for large frame garden tractors (also on simplicity's site) and you will be set. I would say that first thing is first: after you get the manuals, tear that thing into as many pieces as you can get it in and start from the ground up with the tranny. It is probably dry and might have some rust inside, so you will need to break it apart and check/replace all of the seals, etc... Tearing the thing apart is about the only way to give it a real good paint job also.

Keep us posted, your in for a lot of garage time. Maybe your your girl friend's father would like to give you a hand now and again. A great way to make a hit with her family. Good luck, Greg

I picked up a B110 out of a field about a month ago.Haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet.Right now it's resting comfortably under a tarp next to a B1 I aquired last year.

Nick, Looks like a good project tractor to get started in collecting old garden tractors.The BGB & Steering is not that hard to fix. The trans is more work to fix,I have taken one or two a part before. I also have a Allis Chalmers B-110.^ Karl

quote:
Originally posted by stinkie
Get that and the repair manual for large frame garden tractors On the Simplicity site it says, REPAIR MANUAL - Large Frame Garden Tractor REPAIR MANUAL (Sovereign, Early Landlord, Early Baron, 7000, 7100 Series) is unavailable in PDF format. I guess I'll have to order it over the phone. [quote]Tearing the thing apart is about the only way to give it a real good paint job also.
I plan on doing the body work myself, sanding, bondo, priming, and am going to have a body shop do the paint. I stopped at one with Michelle. She knows the owners son. I might me able to get it done for the cost of the paint. Or for a very good price.

Guest smallengineman
Hello friend I have some good News if you are interested I have I have a b110 in moderat condition motor,back tires,hydro,steering wheel and carb...body isnt in as good but the hood is in excellence condition . if you are interested contact me at my email coolmaster225@msn.com

i have a battery box and dash unit. if your interested you can write me at my email address and we can talk. you can have these items but i would need to have the cost of shipping if these are anything you would need. tony