Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Caught a good deal.......

thedaddycat

An older gent who had a local mower shop closed his doors today, had everything at half price.... I got the following Kevlar belts: 22"(x2), 26", 30", 35", 36", 42", 44", 45", 46", 56", 63", and 82" along with a 20" bar and 5 new chains for one saw, a 16" bar and 2 new chains for another, and a few odds and ends. Total cost, $200. He offered to throw in two lawn mower engines if I bought the two other engines he had left, but I had to pass.......

Kirk, Seems like you do the same thing that I do (jump on good deals). Have you been keeping track of your total expenditures? I have, and when I run a total I am shocked.

Kirk, Here's another "deal" that will fill your parts department right up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2321476996&category=20544 http://www.advant.com/users/rleonard/LPE%20Inventory%20Spreadsheets/Simplicity_inventory1.xls

I saw that one last night.... Looks mighty tempting, there's a lot of stuff there but too much to go check all the part numbers to see exactly what each thing is. I may bid, may not.... I'll see if it gets any bids colser to the close and decide then...

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
I may bid, may not.... I'll see if it gets any bids colser to the close and decide then...
I'll just watch......... got to fight my addiction.