Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The best deal I have run into in a long time

HTews

Hello all, I tend to be one of those club members that just soaks up all the knowledge everybody has to share, so I don't post very often. I just want to share with you that there are deals to be found out there. Tuesday a fellow co-worker told me that there was an ad in a local paper advertising a 101 with sicklebar, mower deck, dozer blade and rottotiller. At first I told him I wasn't interested. But my fever for garden tractors got the best of me. I found the ad and to my surprise he was also selling a Simplcity 700, which I was looking for. Well to make a long story short, I went and look at the 700. And to my surprise the Landlord 101 was loaded with Hydrualic lift, right hand lift lever, HI/Lo pulley, Head lights, counter weights,cable lift sickle bar( with swath board), 42" mower deck,46" dozer blade with angle adjust and rottotiller. Then to sweeten the deal the 700 was all there except mower deck, The embles were still intacked.Needless to say I had to controll myself.:D Anyway I bought the both tractors and all attachments for 6 bills. This guy took really good care of is equipment. Well enough said. I just wanted everybody to know there are great deals out there to be had yet. Happy collecting!!!:D:D

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 101 with attachments (not counting the model 700) would have been a good deal at that price. I paid close to that for my just B-210 with hydraulic lift, snowblower, 42" deck and 42" snow/dirt blade five years ago... Everthing since that has been resurrecting parts tractors, except for the 2012/loader.

I wouldn't say I have all the luck. I may have used it all up on this one. I will just add a few comments the story...The guy I bought it from was the first and only owner of the 101 He bought it optioned as I described above. He said it was a deminstrator model for a local dealer. It was raining when I was loading them on the trailer, he asked me if I wanted some plastic to cover them with so they wouldn't get wet! He said they never sat in the rain. He gave me the grease gun and grease he used along with all of the oil he had for them. They were truly part of his family. I hope to get some pictures of them to share with you in the next couple of days. HT

Better than my luck. I Went to buy a trailer hitch for my car. One Parts store said $180 for hitch $80 for transformer and wiring special for car as it has low side switching for rear lights. They could have in two days but wanted $30.00 for shipping as it was special order but didn't know when it would come as it supposedly was factory back ordered. Another parts store wanted $129.00 for hitch and $69.00 for wiring but did not know when they could get as supplier said it was back ordered to factory. Third parts store was $112.00 for hitch and $65.00 for wiring and wanted it paid for up front and could take a mth. to get as it was back ordered to factory. I got on the internet and did a search found a place in Plattsburge NY. That sold hitches they did not have one in stock for my car but called factory. Both Draw-Tite and Hidden Hitch. All kinds in stock. Cost $137.00 for hitch and $55.00 for wiring $20.00 for shipping. I ordered it Friday got the wireing monday and the hitch yesterday. Three weeks ago looked at some trailers. Dealer had exactly what I wanted. I got the price for a 10' and 12' Aluminum with treated fir plank floor and stake sideboards with loading gate. I told him I would decide which one I wanted and as soon as I got my hitch I would be back. I called him yesterday as I wanted to pick it up tomorrow and he raised the prices $200.00 and without the sideboards and loading gate which was another $200.00 and was going to charge me 3.5% to use my credit or debit card.

That is some good luck.:D I have only seen one Allis Chalmers B-112 with a loader at a antique tractor show. Wish I could find a Simplicity or Allis Chalmers tractor with a loader.:D Karl

What a deal thats great (by the way is the green showing through on this post?) congratulations!!! JB.

Wow!!! What a great find! I've had some luck with tractors but nothing like the kind of deal you found. The 101 sounds like a real collector's piece. Good luck with them.

Well, I have one to tell you, it isn't a Simplicity or Allis Chalmers. I live in an addition where each home has at least 2.5 acres, just enough to have fun on with the tractors. Anyway, I thought I would jump in my truck and cruise around to see what is shaken, just a 1/4 mile from my place a garage sale, sitting out front, a Cub Cadet 127 with 42" mower, 38" blower and a very rare all metal Cozy Cab, in fair to good condition. It has a hydro tranny, he even drove the tractor over to my place. Price $25.00. All I can say is just keep looking. Floyd

Floydster, Now thats some luck!!!!! Karl, I only wish it had a loader!! I was just surprised to see the Tractor "loaded" with so many of the options we as collectors are looking for. UCD, You are OVER do for some good luck!!!

I also ran into a little luck. A gentleman came in the dealership looking for a different mower.He bought a 97 1716 44" deck. So I delivered it to his home and to my surprise setting along side the garage was a 712h. I asked him what he was going to do with it,he said the tranny was bad and that he'd just like to get rid of it.So I said I would take it off his hands for him.Then this is where it really got good,we went to a shed out back and he said you might as well take the rest of this stuff it won't do me any good anymore.There sitting was a johnson workhorse loader, 48" deck,a rear blade to fit the sleave hitch,thatcher,sprayer and 2 sets of lug tires. I said how much and he said just get it out of here.I do feal a little guilty though,when I got the tractor home I filled the tranny and purged the air out and the hydro works fine.:D:D:D