Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2010 finally finished!

Tom_Byrne

The hours in the garage have paid off. The 2010 is done! Check it out.... What I started with.... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/tom_byrne/whatistartedwith.JPG[/img] The dirty work has started.... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/tom_byrne/barebones.JPG[/img] Trans and BGB painted. Getting there...... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/tom_byrne/bgbtranspainted.JPG[/img] All done! HOWDIDO? [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/tom_byrne/likenew.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/tom_byrne/Mynebaby!.JPG[/img] Lots of time (and frustration) went in to it but now that it's done I think it was worth it. Thanx to all the members who helped out along the way, either directly with me or via old posts on the site!

It looks GREAT! That's it....... you guys are making me too jealous. I'm going to take a break from fabricating implements and using mine, and do some cosmetic work.

Tom, It looks mighty fine...8D^ I just hope my B110 looks that good when I'm done with it...:)

That looks great!!! What kinda paint did you use?I have been in a month long decision about paint and have not done anything with mine.I want to use auto enamel with a hardener but am having trouble putting that kind of money into a working tractor....but I dont want to spend half the money and all the work and not be happy either.

Kevin, I used Ace Hardware's Farm and Implement Paint, Allis Chalmers Orange. It's as close to a dead on match as I have ever used. One warning: It is very thin and runny so you have to be careful and use several coats. it also has a very long drying time.

EXCELLENT JOB!!! I have a few to get started on myself hope they turn out as nice as yours did.Well done!! JB.

Tom, You did a great job on your tractor. The seat even looks like new.:D Karl

Great Job Tom..Planning + Time + Sweat + Frustration = Nice work Thanks for the pics.They are inspirational Scot

Nice job on your tractor!!!!! All your hard work sure makes that old tractor look nice again.

Wow, what a beauty!!! Nice to see someone put the time and effort into a tractor that'll probably be around longer than its owner. Good luck with it!

Looks great !!! I'm getting ready to redo my 2010, Did you use hardener in your Ace paint????? Where did you get your Decals....?????????

Bunky, I used spray cans for the paint- check out my post to Mowerman1193 for the details. The decals are the originals- I couldn't find replacements, the old ones were in good shape so I taped over them. Glad you and everyone else likes it!

Sharp lookin' ride Tom. Good Job! Hope my B-10 looks that good when/if I ever get done with it. Dave

Tom , Your "before" looks better than my "after".....your "after" restores my faith in restoration...great job... George H

Wow! I hope I can get my 2012 looking like that someday. Is it all pretty much origional, or do you have any modifications? I changed my ignition switch from the B&S key and hand soleniod to just an indak key switch like all the rest of them a few years ago for the convenience and simplicity of just one switch, but lately I've been wanting to change it back for nastalgia!

The tractor was all original when I got it. The original owner was up in his 80's and traded it in to Jeff Nemes when the trans belt went. All he did was mow about 3/4 acre with it and he used the vac system with the cart for it. As a result, it had a very easy life, which made it easier on me too. Basically go over the mechanics, tear down and paint.Thanx for the compliments!

looks great!!!i got several tractors that need new paint, and if your interested in painting the "puller", let me know