Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

System 7016???

Bunky

I don't seem to find any specifications on the system 7016 Is there any difference between a System 7016 and a plain 7016???? And does anyone have any opinions on them....^

They are one in the same. They are the Large frame tractor That Simplicity and Allis are famous for.

As Maynard stated, they are the same except for the subtle differences between MFG#. But that goes for all Simplicity products. The RBTs are the best and most refined of all the LFGTs. If the FDT crowd disagrees, it is just because they're jealous or don't know any better.

At the risk of starting another RBT FDT debate, I think they both have a valued place in my stable. With my belly grader blade the FDT makes more sense to me. (added foot pressure/control) When I am hopping off and on picking up debris and yard waste my FDT seems easier. But for mowing, snow removal the RBT is the right tool, in my opinion. The ability to move and change position is a plus.

Although I really enjoy my old 101...my body sure approves of my 7116 & 7117 when mowing. They "Just Fit Ya better"!!! ken

My B-1, with arm rests and a lower seating position, just feels more stable than the new Sovereign.

As far as I'm concerned they are one of the creme de la creme. A great piece of practical machinery. enjoy it.

All I'll say on the FDT issue is that if i wasn't able to drop my feet and stabilize a "tipsy" tractor, I'd have put mine on their side at least twice -- if not completely rolled... not counting the countless times that I've put my feet down and rocked them out of being stuck in snow, ice, loose dirt, mud, etc.... To each their own... BTW, I've got a pair of 7016 running boards I'd sell cheap, if anyone really wants them. You see, I part out RBTs to fix FDTs... :D
Maybe Kirk can empathize with me. I don't see a RBT in this picture, though I know he has one... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/thedaddycat/Dcp03197.jpg[/img]

FTD is fine up till the point where you get a foot under the rear wheel by accident.