Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Liberte

Slipping Hydrostatic Drive

Liberte
My Hydro on my AC 912H seems to be not getting up to speed right away or slipping. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look at. Fluid and filter were just changed but it was slipping before that. Thanks Mark B.

Scotmo
I am by no means an expert but it sounds as if your pump is restricted in some manner.Clogged,Bent fitting or hose,loose belt or pulley. I have two Tracomatic's, No Hydros but I wish I had your problem. The Trac's seem to have a mind of their own. I wish you luck Mark. Let me know when you solve the problem........ Thanks Scot

Al
Mark, Check the roller on the shift cam, lube it and lube the pivots on the cam and the pivot on the rod coming back from the shift lever. The cushion springs may be compressing and not pulling the cam forward, moving the hydro shift arm. Good luck, Al Eden

GregB
Al, Is there a best lube for the linkage? I just changed the fluid/filter on my 718H. I have seen the lag in the linkage by walking next to it while changing the hydro lever. Greg B

Liberte
I changed the belt and that helped alot. My roller on the shift cam was looking pretty ragged too, so I machined a new one out of some UHMW that I had laying around. Seems to run good now. Thanks for all the help guys. Mark B.