Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I Need Some Pulley Infomation for B210

beamer

I was hoping someone could give me some information on swapping out the weird double pulley setup, with a regular pulley set up. The pulley on my PTO and 42" mower deck for my B210 requires that wierd belt. I heard you can replace those pulleys. Does anyone have the specs for the replacements? Thanks Beamer

I bought the upgrade kit from my Simplicity dealer a couple of years ago. If I recall correctly, I got a new PTO pully and a new pulley for the center spindle on the mower deck. There was also a belt guide that I never did figure out exact placement on. The kit was about $150.00 (I think), and took under an hour to put on. It totally eliminates the double belt and uses a common size single belt. It's a little pricey, but I figured that the tractors are getting old and those double belts may not be available forever. Steve

I had the same issue with a old Allis Deck I am almost done restoring. The problem I had was finding a cast iron pulley of the same thickness. You can purchase the pulley new from Simplicity for $56.00 (?) All the pulleys that were of the same spec, size wise, had a boss on one side of the pulley with a setscrew. There is no need for the setscrew in the mower deck configuration so I bought one, chucked it up in the lathe and zipped off the boss. It looks right, but I can't honestly say it works until I mow a few acres. HaHa. The double pulley on the PTO is another story. I guess I would probably go the route that Stoneheartfarm went.

I ordered a single-belt cast iron pulley for my 42" B-210 deck from McMaster Carr for under $15 delivered. I needed to replace mine with a larger, single belt pulley when I went to a cone clutch BGB and Sundstrand tranny. The factory two-piece pulley that corresponded was almost $65... http://www.mcmaster.com/

Beamer, I don't remember what the bore was. Should be pretty easy for you to measure it though. Sorry, but CRS has struck again...

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
I ordered a single-belt cast iron pulley for my 42" B-210 deck from McMaster Carr for under $15 delivered. I needed to replace mine with a larger, single belt pulley when I went to a cone clutch BGB and Sundstrand tranny. The factory two-piece pulley that corresponded was almost $65... http://www.mcmaster.com/
I wish I'd know that before I spent the big bucks. :( Steve

Kent, Thanks for your help. I did try and measure it but layers of paint had me wondering between 7/8 and 1/2". I just thought maybe you would remember off the top of your head. I'll wire wheel it and measure. By the way what is "CRS"? Beamer

"CRS" & "senior moment" are terms older folks use to explain why they draw a memory blank sometimes. "CRS" means "can't remember s***". Senior moment is the same thing. Both happen more often as the years progress. Cheers,

Thats what I figured. Reminds when a comedian once said "that you know your old when while in the shower,you cant remember wich part of your body you already washed". I sadly remember the year that happened to me. Beamer

Well, it looks like their prices have gone up quite a bit since I ordered that pulley almost two years ago. See page 960 of their catalog -- sorry I can't do a good direct link since they use frames and .PDF pages on their site.... http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/109/html/0930.html#. The 5" pulley (outside dimension 5.75") is now $17.86. Still much cheaper than any other source I've found. BTW, the 3" pulley (outside dimension 3.75") is $13.44. Before I found McMaster Carr, I got one of the last 3" ones available through one of our advertisers (they actually got it from the Simplicity factory, since it was listed NLA) to use with my tiller. I paid over $40 for it.... These prices are still pretty comparable to what you'd pay for a good HD steel pulley locally in my area though...