Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1969 Landlords: 2210 vs. 2110

BarryC

In the "Spotlight on 1969" section the catalog there shows a 2110 Landlord. The other 1969 brochure, elsewhere on the site, shows a 2210 Landlord. Mine is definitely a 2210. So what are the differences between 2210's and 2110's? Previously I had never heard of a 2110. Thanks, Barry

Barry, I've been a bit confused on those two 1969 brochures -- both were dated 1969. But, I've come to believe that the the one titled "Spotlight on 1969" is actually showing what we'd consider to be 1968 model tractors. If you'll notice it has the 3012 Sovereign in it. Other Simplicity information shows the 3012 and the 2110 as 1967-68 models. As far as any real difference, I think the most noticeable was that the 2110 was likely a push-button starter, and the ignition key wasn't recessed into a cup in the dashboard. The 2210 had key-start, unless I'm mistaken. Given the date of the catalog -- all I can think of is that it was showing holdover models still in the "distribution pipeline..."

I have noticed conflicting specifications for quite a few tractors. According to the "Made When" section, the 2210 was made in 1968, the 2110 was made in 1967. The 2012 is listed as being produced in 1966, yet is the new large tractor for 1967 according to the original literature I have. I have also noticed different front tire sizes for the 2012, 4" and 6" wide. I also have an original 1967-32 page full product line brocure and it doesn't list the 2012 at all, yet the 6 page fold out brocure specifically for the 2012 is also dated as 1967. I guess within a year has to be close enough. MadMike

Mike, I agree on all the conflicting dates in Simplicity literature. Combine that with the fact that there's no records of production by serial number that I'm aware of, and the "Made When" becomes a very difficult question to answer. But, the older these machines get, it seems the more that people want to know that info.... Since in August 1969 price list, linked below, you could order/buy everything in the Allis line from the Big Ten (Landlord 101 equivalent, 1965 or 1966) to the B-212 (3212 equivalent, 1969) I'm not sure it's really as important as "sold when" -- which is even more problematic. I wonder how many people failed to actually register their purchase with Simplicity, using the Product Registration cards? http://simpletractors.com/models/b_series/prices/1969_prices.htm

My 2110 is a push button starter. Not sure what you mean about "the ignition key wasn't recessed into a cup in the dashboard" My key is on the vertical surface on dashboard.

What year is it? Isn't that why everyone is told to only go by the MFG number? There could have been different models advertized, produced, and sold in the same year.

Same with my 2110, pushbutton starter, yet the keyswitch is not recessed, nor in a "cup". I figured mine is a 69 .

My 2110 has pushbutton starter, key not recessed, located on the vertical face of the dash/steering column. And what appears to be a factory "racing stripe" down the center of the hood, black and white, I believe. Chrome steering wheel spokes with rubber rim grip complete the '60's look.

Here's what I meant by the ignition key recessed into a cup; [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1969/pg2_power.jpg[/img]

goatfarmer
Mine is not like that,Kent.The panel is flat,no recessed cup,and the switch is mounted to it where it sticks out a bit.

I think the simple "kill switches" that used a separate push-button starter were just mounted flat on the surface, and they changed to a "key start" when they recessed them in 1968 or so... I know some B-110s had surface mounted switches, and the later ones had key-switches. I think those earlier ones are 2110-equivalents, while the ones with key switches are 2210-equivalents. Not sure of that, but that's my guess.