Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

J.D. QUESTION

JOHNP

Yes, I know it's not Simp. or A.C. but .............. a friend has a J.D. 300 w / 48 inch mower, all hydro. and he "says" it's in very good shape except for the blown 16 h.p. single cyl. Kohler. It's app. a 1975 model. He said "come 'n get it....for free". Does any one know of a J.D. site ?? I did a search and couldn't find a forum that might "faintly" resemble ours. thanks in advance

John,try gardenweb.com there is a tractor forum on there and lots of JD owners.Then you can sell the JD and buy a simplicity!:D

There used to be a Deere club on yahoo clubs. You could give that a shot...... But you wont find a forum even remotely close to this one.

Cowpuncher, I alreadt have a 7116h with mower, blower,blade and johnny bucket but i think i see some profit to be made here. Tom, I'm sure there is a site out ther, just thought someone would know right off the bat..I think there are some "closet" J.D.rs on this site.

Here's the best one I've seen. Doesn't compare to what Kent has built here but better than any of the Yayhoo clubs. www.weekendfreedommachines.org/ Brent

Brent, you're right, no comparison.......but I think It"ll answer my questions. Thank you.

It is funny you ask. We have been spoiled stinking rotten here. Kent has done a awesome job here. A few weeks ago I was working on my pastor's JD 300 and had some ?s, I tried the yahoo club I was disappointed. I got more help from these guys here. By the way I am with Cowpuncher on this one.:D

I think Deere has made some darn good tractors,some of the bigger farm tractors were the best we ever had.The little 110 we used to mow for years,and it did a decent job,but I found it hard to work on myself(I think they did that on purpose),and the dealer support for that machine was terrible to non-existent,unlike the service I got on the big units which was some better.Also,all good tractors and parts are expensive,but JD is ridiculous[:0]John I wouldn't turn one down,and I would even keep it if I had use for it,but this Simplicity Sovereign has really impressed me so far,doubt I will need anything else in my lifetime!:o)

Most John Deere Parts are high, but they can be found cheaper at other places. Actually I was surprised at the Simplicity prices here. Made the local John Deere dealer look like Dollar Tree. John Deere has this program called Counter-Parts, which enables them to get parts for any brand of tractor, I've gotten a few things through it, they're reasonable, too.