Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers Deck ?'s

OUTLAW74

I,ve had this 77 712 Shuttle for some time now! Never put the deck on since had it. When i did the other day it ran wonerfully! But it seems to be WAY to low. And when it is raised it seems to be at an angle! Well! Amny Info???? Hope someone can give some feedback! Thanks,Steven :)

Sounds like your confusing the lift lever in the raised poition as a means of "hight adjustment". It is to be used for transport only, with the deck PTO disengaged. The roller assy on the back of the deck is moved up and down with the adj. screw bail assy's at the rear corners of the deck. If they are adjusted equally per the manual as mentioned above, it can't be at an angle. But if you are using the lift lever, not only will it be at an angle, your mower drive belt will be hitting the deck. Pretty soon if you keep running it like that, snap....there goes a belt.

The lift point on the deck is off to the right from center, so as Jack said, if you use the lift lever to control the cutting height, it won't be level.

Ok! So your telling me that i should just lower the deck then thats it! Where it sits thats it. I have adjusted the rollers at each corner.To be at its highest setting. On the allis site it says it is adjustable from like 1"7/8 to like 2"1/2 or better.I,m going to say that its about 1"7/8 mat its highest setting.I wish i could get a picture or something to reference to..It was bought used .So know manual with it. But anyway it connects with 2 pins in the front and one lift cable.. Thanks for the input fellas.I really appreciate Everything.. Any more info would be Great,Thanks,Steven

[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/UCD/36inRotaryMowerAdj.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/UCD/36inRotaryMowerAdj%20a.jpg[/img]

Steve, I had the same problem (that it sounds) like you are having.I KNEW something wasn't right. Then I adjusted the back wheels while it was in the down position. I actually had to watch the deck raise to be convinced that it WASN'T the deck. It was MY mind that couldn't see the logical workings of the deck. I was always adjusting the wrong way. I now have it sit and am happy. Try adjusting it with the deck down and see if that doesn't help. Hope this helps. DarrellL