Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax 9020

heydeerman

I am looking for a junk PM 9020 for parts or a good source for parts. Any body have one or know of a source? Sure is hard to find parts for this thing here in Ohio. I am also in the need for tires for this tractor. I have turf tires on the rear and want to replace them with something with more aggressive tread. Was told by the local dealer they cant be had anymore. heydeerman

Check with weavers in shelby ohio, He has lots of old simplicity tractors, case john deere, lots of walkers in back lot, I was looking around there myself last week only decent size tractors were sunstars. But he may have some hidden in sheds. 419-342-7033 Ask for Bob! His daughter may answer the phone and she is not much help. She Doesn't really know what they have. He is a little bit on the high side but will negotiate usually. Hope this helps. Docs

Docs, Thanks for the tip. I'll give em a call. Tuffy, Maybe I should have said one that is ready for the bone pile.

I was working on a job a month ago and saw a manlift with the same size tires as my 9020 floatation tires.(31x15.5x15) They had a deeper tread design but looked to me like they would work. The problem might be the rim size. I'm not sure they (Simplicity) used the same rims on the turf tires and the floatation tires

I'll vouch for everything that Thomas (DOCS) said about Weavers. He definitely prices for negotiation. I bought a brand new snowplow last fall out there, which he pulled off a loft in pieces and it had obviously been there awhile. He started off almost at retail. I thought to myself, "Sheesh, I drove sixty miles out here to a junkyard for this!" He came down a good bit, though. He definitely has a little bit of everything out there. Don't be in a hurry when you go. If he can't find it in one pole building, he'll find it in another. I don't know how he remembers where stuff is! A trip out there is pretty entertaining!

I seen at leat 20 snowblowers for simplicitys out back in one pile, Looked like they had never been used. Was asking 500, Bunches of decks against building, Had 2-real nice clean sunstars in the one shed asking 2800 for one and 3800 for the other, among variuos others, Plows, Old simplicity tractors, case, john deere, A few walkers Etc: Guy is sitting on a bunch of stuff and he usually knows what he has. Just tell him Tom sent you, (The guy looking for case 446 parts with Simplicity 2210). I baught a tiller off him 5 year ago for 150 but had to put new bearings in box, for the tines were real sloppy. What a job that was. Try not to talk to her!