Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
bubba_t _flubba

tehcumisa starter

HubbardRA
Got one off a 12 Hp vertical shaft engine. Do you think that might be the same? Post a picture of it off the engine. Need to look at mounting bolts and starter bendix to determine compatibility. They may be the same.

Stoneheartfarm
What's wrong with your starter? I had to replace the brushes in my OH160 because they had worn down to nothing. New brush sets are about $35.00, I found an aftermarket set for around $12.00. If I recall, there were some aftermarket starters too. Had to do a lot of net searching to find them though. Steve

bubba_t _flubba
Thanks guys, when I removed the end cover on this, pieces feel out. The brushes were twisted up the armature was in pieces also. I just got this tractor, don't know the history on it. From end to the end of the shaft is about 7 1/2 inches long.[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/bubba_t%20_flubba/t%20stater.jpg[/img]

HubbardRA
Here is a picture of the #35763 starter that I have. You can't see the two other mounting lugs on the upper side in the picture.

Let me know if you think this will work. They do look quite a bit different. I'm not sure. I sent you a PM also.