Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tehcumisa starter

bubba_t _flubba

Looking for a starter for 16 hp tehcumisa part #33835. Anyone got one laying around??? Thanks, Greg

Got one off a 12 Hp vertical shaft engine. Do you think that might be the same? Post a picture of it off the engine. Need to look at mounting bolts and starter bendix to determine compatibility. They may be the same.

What's wrong with your starter? I had to replace the brushes in my OH160 because they had worn down to nothing. New brush sets are about $35.00, I found an aftermarket set for around $12.00. If I recall, there were some aftermarket starters too. Had to do a lot of net searching to find them though. Steve

Thanks guys, when I removed the end cover on this, pieces feel out. The brushes were twisted up the armature was in pieces also. I just got this tractor, don't know the history on it. From end to the end of the shaft is about 7 1/2 inches long.[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/bubba_t%20_flubba/t%20stater.jpg[/img]

I just saw the picture at 10:30 tonight. I'll check to see what my starter looks like tomorrow evening.

Here is a picture of the #35763 starter that I have. You can't see the two other mounting lugs on the upper side in the picture.

Let me know if you think this will work. They do look quite a bit different. I'm not sure. I sent you a PM also.