Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Belt 68 2210 tiller

docs

Anyone have any idea or book on the tiller drive belt length and size for a 68 2210 Landlord tiller attachment.

Go here. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php Type in 990455 That is the tiller that was called for on your tractor.

Thanks Bob printed the parts manual but still no size mentioned, Is there a cross referance for that number that shows the belt size anyone? Thanks Doc

quote:
Originally posted by docs
Thanks Bob printed the parts manual but still no size mentioned, Is there a cross referance for that number that shows the belt size anyone? Thanks Doc
They are both 21/32" cross section width. In a pinch 5/8" will do. Thats what I have on mine. If you look at the book it says 42" on one and I think 56" on the other. It's on the installation portion. If you go here it will show the belt lengths. http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/belts/belts_(pg_16).htm

990455 32" Tiller Trans. Drive Belt# 154273 Length 42.3" Type HL Drive N/A Drive Belt# 105122 Length 55.9" Type HB 990545 36" Tiller Drive Belt# 105287 Length 88.1" Type HB

Thanks guys I can not find any ID on the tiller but it is a simplicity and it measures 38" outside from end to end I am assumimg this is the 36" tiller, But from what I can see in this parts manual this tiller has 2 belts and mine only uses one. It has the manual lift attachment arm not PTO Lift on the rear. Does this make since to any of you. Thanks Doc

OK I got the right parts manual now it is the 990545 36" so it is the 88" belt x 5/8. Good deal thanks alot for your help. Doc

• 2 weeks later...
Do any of you happen to know what the drive pully size is for the 990496 2210 landlord tractor to drive the 990545 tiller, I have looked and can not find any informaiton on this, I think someone has changed the pulley and has the wrong size on it because the engagement lever on the tiller will not stay engaged even after trying to adjust it, and the 88" belt I put on this seems to be just a little bit loose. I have to force it down by hand to get it to dig any dirt. Thanks Doc

Drive pulley for 990455 32" tiller is 2.9" OD. Drive pulley for 990545 36" tiller is 5" OD.

Thanks Greg. did you find that local or do you have the manual on this? If you found this info somewhere on the web or on this sight I may not have to ask for it anymore. This will help a lot. Doc

Doc, The part no. for the pulley is in the parts manual for the tiller. Look up the part no. in the database at: http://www.jackssmallengines.com/ It will give the pulley size.