Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Permission from the WIFE

stinkie

Well guys, The wife is finally giving me permission for a new tractor. We went to look at a Farmall Cub the other day and she says no more junky stuff that I have to work on. I thought "CRAP, no old tractors!!!". Wanted me to look at the new ones they had there. What are the opinions around here on Kubota's tractors? I'm looking at the BX series, either a 1500 or an 1800. They want 8200 for one, which is kinda steep. But I was considering a ......gulp........Gravely which is 7800. I thought, why not get something with a 3pt. hitch and PTO. You can also outfit it with a front loader, which may (I didnt ask) be included for 8200. What do you guys think?? Know of any better deals?

Look for those who have support nearby and they bundle as much as you need for the lowest price.

8200 Should be just the tractor with mower deck, I priced a 1500 couple weeks ago around 7600 without deck and also priced one with deck and loader for 1090, Got approved and averything but decided against making that monthly payment. Figured I get a 9020 or 720 for half the price with most all the attachments. The 1500 is just a 15HP.

I tried on a BX and felt like my knees were in my chest, with the seat all the way back. It just felt like it was made for someone much less than six feet tall. My Sim Legacy is a perfect fit but the price with options is a bit scary compared to the figures you mentioned. Maybe if you beg and plead a little more she will let you have something you can wrench on a little bit now and then. That Cub sounds good to me!

How about Massey Ferguson? Don't know anyone who has one, but looking at their website they appear to be well built. By the way did you get my last e-mail?

I know where there is a new Soveriegn for sale. Been on the showroom floor for 2 years or so. Still under warranty. Maybe not what you're looking for but if anyone is let me know. I think he wants $5600 or so for it if memory serves. Located in east-central Indiana. Brent

I have a kubota compact 4x4 and haven`t had a problem with it.I use it for the bigger jobs around the farm when the garden tractors are a little to small and the full size tractors are too big.The nice thing is my kubota dealer is also my simplicity dealer!!JB.

If anyone is looking for a Massy there are a couple at a local dealer and he is highly motivated to rid himself of them. I was offered an 18hp Hydro with a 48" deck for $4600.00. They also have another 18hp (2818H ?) with a snow thrower on it. These are brand new, only problem is the dealer never stores his lawn equipment inside. So they are very sun faded, a little rusty and not near as pretty as one stored properly. I was very tempted but decided my 7116h was just fine. Email me if there is any interest and I will get some pictures and post them along with firm prices. Rob

I really like the looks of the New Holland Boomers in the sub-compact size, but don't know how they compare with the Kubota BX...

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
They should be well built. They are built by Simplicity.
That is true... I should have known that I was on Simplicity'S main site this morning.

I got your email Dennis. Looks good but I dont think SHE will go for it..... She wants something that looks new. Doesnt understand the value of a good old machine. But, she wants me to preserve grandpa's old tractor and wear out the one that doesnt mean anything to me, so thats fine with me! The 3pt hitch is my main persuation, plus the deck weighs 200 some odd pounds. Sounds heavy to me. I checked with JD and they dont have anything close with a 3pt. All their stuff is too big. I looked at some of the masseys at my sim. dealer, but my dealer doesnt carry any of the larger ones. I am approved for the bank loan, so it looks like I'll have another orange one in my garage (but its not a simp.). Oh well....

we just bought a new holland 30hp with a bucket, hydro & 4wd. very pleased with it. plus the price was right - think they're offering 0% financing too.

Dave, My son-in-law just bought one like that this past winter, with loader and yard box. He loves it so far, but it has less than 50 hours on it so far...

i've only got about 20 hrs on mine, really like it so far. the controls are well laid out & convenient. nice toy-