Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Green with Envy

Tuffy

I stopped by a John Deere dealer in my state recently looking for any used Simplicity or Allis gear. A veteran salesman approached me and asked if he could assist me. I told him I was looking for any Allis Chalmers tractors and/or implements. His reply floored me: "You won't find anything of that high quality around here" he stated. As we talked it became clear he was not so much an Allis fan. But he was of strong opinion that the quality of products from Deere, Allis and other manufacturers were much higher ten years ago and the quality had declined significantly since Allis went out of business. Steve

Yea Thant's Funny!! I got the same response from a Kubota Salesman a while back. And I had just missed out on a pear of AC 720's from them, Man baught both of them for 4200 a couple days earlier.:(

This dealer says he gets about one 9020 or AC 720 per year in trade. I asked him to alert me i f one shows up. He said he has quite a calling for those machines.