Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
CarlH

Lombardini diesel engine oil

CarlH
I'm in the process of getting my Simplicity 7790 into shape for regular use. Since this is my first diesel, I would like to get others comments on suitable engine oil. I realize the oil must be rated for diesel applications. The oil reguirements in the owners manual: -4 deg F and below -- SAE 5W -4 to 32 deg F -- SAE 10W 32 to 68 deg F -- SAE 20W above 68 deg F -- SAE 40 1. I'm surprised at the jump in weight at 68 Deg F (20 deg C). SAE 30 seems to be much more available. Would it be adequate? 2. Anybody have brand preferences for diesel usage? 3. Other comments for a diesel newby?

dieselman
I use a strate weight 30 weight Diesel grade oil in mine. It is the same oil we use in our farm tractors. We get it from our local co-op. sence the engine does not say any thing about a multy grade oil i dicide not to use the John Deere Hygard 10W-40 that we use in our combine.