Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I'm a Tractorholic?

nighteye

:DThey say that the first step to recovery from addiction is admitting to yourself that you have a problem. Well, Im trying to decide if I have a problem. It all started when I was a lad and my dad bought a new Allis Chalmers 416S with every option an attachment available. It was in 72 as I recall. With 5 boys and 20 acres he made sure he got his moneys worth out of the poor thing. We used and abused it for 10 years without any major problems at all. When I needed a tractor 15 years ago I found one just like it.A 410s[1] Then I got another one for parts just in case it ever broke. A 416S[2] I did some work for the neighbor lady a couple years ago and she gave me a case446[3] that needed some work. I saw my first Powermax one day last year and fell in love with it.I couldnt sleep for three nights thinking about it. That 9020 [4] sits in my garage where my truck should be. A good friend of mine retired and was in a hurry to move South, He gave me a deal I couldnt refuse on any or all the tractors in his barn.(He was a tractoholic too) Three Cub Cadets,a Sears SS16,and a wheelhorse came home with me that day.[5][6][7]8[9] See my problem yet? I'm not done. Now my friends and co-workers see that I really like these old tractors and I'm getting halfway decent at fixing them up. I fixed a MTD for one of my friends in trade for a 7010 [10] and a bunch of attachments. Just when I'm saying to myself,"enough is enough" I find a nice old 4041 [11] that needs a home an some attention. With the attachments, I cant pass this one up either. Then the guy I'm buying it from say's that part of the deal is that I get two more. A B-112, and a 2210 [12][13] How the heck does a guy stop? Yes, I could have a problem,.....MaybeB)

Ken, How do you sleep at night, knowing there are tractors just sitting around your place just waiting for a kiss or a pat on the fender, I think you should join T.A. and try to taper off. you know it will only hurt a little while. Maybe you should start drinkin and stayin out late at night, that may help you forget your addiction. Mel

The worst part is to find a place to put them all.You have a long way to go before you are a true tractorholic.When you get up to 30 or more you have a problem.You do have quite a nice selection there,some I would love to have myself.If you want a lot of fun come down to Portland In. this weekend there are more tractors than you know what to do with and parts that never end.Good luck on gettinng them all running.Bo

lol, sounds all too familaiar now, if you want to part with some, will show them at the shows here.

Nighteye, you definatly have a problem. What you need to do is get rid of the biggest first (9020 and/or 4041). Now don't worry if you want them to go to a good home I know just the place. In fact I would be more than willing to "help" you out. I won't charge you a thing, no consuling fees or anything. Just give me your address and I'll come over this weekend and start to take all your problems away.:)

I think I have a problem too, I have something like 15? I have lost count, but a few are parts tractors. I only have room for four in the shed and all the others have to sit out, which I hate! All of them need work!! I am in over my head! And worse yet the local lawnmower man lets me park any more that I get at his house for free, so basically all my time is spent accummulating instead of repairing. But with less than $1500 into all of those tractors and all my extra parts I know that when I get all of them running and have somewhere to store them inside it will be well worth the frustration! Hopelessly addicted! -Chris

any yall from wisconsin? lol ,just give me a messege and ill take whatever you want to get rid of. i love to tinker, love the challenge of getting em to run.

Thanks guys,You guys are too much. I feel a whole lot better now. This isnt a tractor club, Its a support group. Thanks again, Ken

Ken, 13 tractors is just getting a good start! I wouldn't be worried at all. Happy collecting!

I to am getting that bug, But my probelm is I do not have one of those 9020's or 720's so if you want to get rid of one of those Call ME 419-747-7248 ask for Tom. LOL Doc