Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

720 or 220 (More Pics..)

Vic

Thought you might be interested in seeing this interesting version of a 720 tractor from Larry Karg of MN. He writes: The 720 that I was working on all winter was being converted to a half scale 220 front wheel assist tractor that I was doing just for fun. The engine in my 720 is a 3 cylinder Diatzu distributed by Briggs & Stratton Corp. The frame hood and steering system all had to be lengthened by 4".

That is one beautiful tractor! Now I really have "tractor envy!" I can't imagine the hours it took to do the work, but it looks great! Dave

Vic It would be interesting if you could get him to join and post pictures of how he did things and the problems he ran into.

I wrote to Larry letting him know where I posted these for him so he can add some commentary if he likes. He has other pics too of the tractor if you'd like to see them.......

It looks more like artwork than a conversion. A beautiful piece. Can you get more pictures?

Vic, That is one mighty fine looking tractor,8D I can't begin to imagine the time that Larry put in on this project....^:)

That is a neet looking tractor. I have always wanted to turn a 720 in to a minni 190 XT (because we have one) but have never been able to find the money. I would like to see more pics of how he did it if possible.

That is one nice looking 220.I would like to go to the karg show ,just have never made it to there.i would like to buy a 720 in the future if i can save some money.A+ on the 220.Please post more pictures if you can.How much hp is the little 3 cy putting out?

Great looking tractor. Point of interest on the decals. On the full size tractors wasn't the words "two-twenty" towards the front and the words "Allis-Chalmers" towards the back?

Nice tires. Where did he get them/what brand are they? Is that engine loud or are they prety smooth and quiet? When is Larry Karg going to join us? Come on Larry!

This needs to be put in the Gallery or Whats New section. Or better yet Enshrined!! My hat is off to Mr. Karg!!