Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite Front Electric PTO

PhanDad

I have a '72 Homelite T12 tractor that's been in the family since new. Up until now, I've been able to get parts to keep it mowing and blowing snow faithfully. But the front electric PTO seems to be unique to the Homelite tractor and Simplicity only sells the coil assembly as a replacement part. I bought one of those 6 years ago and have been on the lookout for the rotating parts (especially the "half" with pully) ever since. Both the mower deck and snow thrower use the front PTO, so without it, only the rototiller and plow blade are usable. The "pully half" is now completey shot - and no longer fixable. I can't find a single Homelite "parts tractor" in the area. Per Simplicity, I understand Warner Electric supplied the OEM electric PTO (part number 5208-752-002), but I haven't had any luck getting anyone at Warner Electric to help. Does anyone know where a replacement can be had? PS - I have an original "Parts List" manual for the tractor (T-10,T-12&T15) and "Instructions & Parts List" manual for the rotary mower (42" Mfg No. 280 and 48" Mfg No. 281). I could scan them and send them for posting on the web site if desired.

Rod, Thanks for the suggestion, I've asked for info about the clutches from the seller.

Bill, I'd sure like to buy a copy of your t-10 manual , I've tried to get other people to copy one for me but never get a responce. Chris

That T-10 manual is a tough one to find! It would be great if you could scan it and post it somewhere here on the site as a PDF. Good luck with the PTO problem