Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
a7117puller

hook me up with some wheels

a7117puller
can someone hook me up with some pulling rims with correct backspacing for the hydro rearend, 12x12 rim prefered, and if anyone knows the smallest size wheels that have a 3/4" center for the front would be great.8

HubbardRA
Which Hydro? My 716H uses the same backspacing as my 712S and my 61 Wards. I like to use less backspacing to keep my wheels as close together as possible when pulling. I have made most of my pulling wheels, by cutting them apart with a jigsaw and welding a band around them to make them the correct width. I do all the welding so that it will be inside the tire, and use tubes. I have made both 10.5 and 12 inch wide steel rims. I never used the high dollar aluminum wheels. I have an extra set of 12 inch wide wheels, but I don't want to let them go. They are on a motorcycle engine tractor that my son-in-law is thinking about resurrecting and putting back on the tracks.

MikeES
I use the Douglas aluminum wheels on both pulling tractors. They are 12 X 12 with a 4/8 offset. The only place that there is a clearance issue is the cone clutch shaft on the BGB (I did not want to cut it off). I had to put a 1/2" spacer on the left side wheel hub to clear the shaft (with cone clutch removed), with Carlisle 26 x 12 x 12 Turf Chief tires. There are no clearance issues with the Firestone lug tires. Front: we use 8" aluminum wheels on the front on both tractors with 4.00 x 8 on "Deuce" and 3.5 x 8 on "Ace". These front wheels came with the hubs (4 bolt)and hub caps. Many pullers use a 6" wheel alum. wheel that comes with a 3 bolt hub. These hub/wheels just slide right on the 3/4" spindle and you use the lock collar from the original wheels. All wheels were bought from Midwest Super Cub.