Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric Lift Locks in overide position

JFS

I recently purchased an electric lift (used) installed it on my 710 and have discovered that if I over extend or over retract it, it will lock in that position. All I get is the override clicking. I then have to remove it from the tractor, take it apart and free the stuck screw mechanism. Put it back on and the same thing happens again. Works fine if I don't reach the end of it's travel. Am I not installing/adjusting the lift correctly? Or did I just buy a bad lift?

Might check the parts manual for your 710 and see if there are any stops or anything that should be installed on the electric motor/screw assembly. Could be that it's extending too far.

Just drug home a sears with a electric lift. After playing with it a couple of days mine also jammed in the up position. Now all it does is make the clicking noise.Can you share with me what you had to disassemble to enable it to retract. Thanks, Greg

Greg I removed the bolt at the botton near the gearbox and removed the screw bolt assembly from the motor assembly. Once that was removed I put the end of the assembly in a vise and used the claw portion on a claw hammer to turn the bolt breaking it loose.