Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Source for small DCV's?

Spencyg

I'm starting to put together the pieces for a hydraulic lift system for my 7016H. I'm going to be using a power steering pump for my hydraulic supply because of the built-in relief valves. My question is, where can I find a relatively inexpensive source for small (#4 ports) 3 position closed center directional control valves? They should probably have a float function as well. I've already scoured the web, as well as northern hydraulics. Everything seems too big (physically).I'm not going to need much more than 3 or 4 GPM flow at around 1500 psi. Let me know if I've missed some mystery supplier to reference. I will need to have 2 valves, as I'm going to have front/belly and rear lifts seperate. Thanks Spence

You may want to consider an electric solenoid valve. They are usually small, and can be mounted anywhere on the tractor. You would use switches instead of levers and linkage to operate the valves. Thus eliminating the engineering required to mount and operate mechanical valves.

You may consider using standard size valves mounted in the rear under the fenders or inside the dash. You could then run rods to levers mounted like your throttle or mid PTO levers through holes in the frame or dash on one side. In fact the PTO levers hooked to a rod would work great. You may want to check with Surplus Center. They usually have a good selection of relatively inexpensive valves. If you don't need double the acting feature, you can use single acting coupled by a cable to the lifts to allow more flexibility in mounting. I do question why you are wanting to use closed center. This requires more engine power, heats up the fluid much more, and requires a much larger reservoir to counterract foaming. I would use open center if it were me, since you will hardly ever need simultaneous full power actuation of both cylinders.