Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Regent Hydro Oil Capacity

What gives? I drained the hydrostatic transmission oil on my 2000 Regent as shown in the user's manual. Since there are two separate drain plugs for the casing, I used 2 separate 1 quart containers to catch the oil. Both containers were filled to the top. I then replaced the plugs and attempted to put in 2 quarts of oil through the filler plug under the battery (as shown in the manual) Once I got 1 quart in, it was full. I thought it may have an air lock so I rocked it a little - nothing happened. I then replaced the plug and drove it around a little bit, removed the plug and checked the level -still full. I am stumped by something that is probably so obvious but I can't figure it out. HELP!!! Warren

I don't know anything about Regents but suspect there is a second fill plug in a separate reservoir/gear case. In any event do not drive/use the tractor until the second quart of fluid has been added. You could damage internal parts running it with insufficient oil in it. Does Owner's Manual give you any instructions on refilling the transmission? Someone else should be able to help you with the problem. My thoughts,