Check out this beautiful job!
Update, provided 3/2/02:Hope you have had a good winter. I finally got the cab for the 316 done a couple of weeks ago. Because of the strange winter weather we've had here in central Indiana I have not used it until yesterday. I cleared some of the snow from the field behind the house, (there wasn't enough in the driveway to blow!). Please add the photo to the gallery when you get a chance. Thanks for all your hard work.
Click each picture for a closer view
The web site and club house are as good as ever! Finally after a year in the making I have the 314-H restored and ready for winter snow removal. I sold the B-112 chassis to a club member who wanted the hydro lift out of it and put the 16hp Briggs in the 314 as this was the less costly route and it was pretty easy. I know it's not O.E.M. but it became a 316-H. The most difficult parts of the swap were fabricating a different starter/generator bracket and modifying the wiring.
I got lucky with the hydro. I have read on the discussion board that these are prone to leakage. This one does not leak and runs good. I think that it has had an overhaul at some point as it appears to have been apart since the factory paint job.
The tires are, rear 26 x 12 x 12 and the fronts are 18 x 8.5 x 8 the rear fender had to be spaced up a little for clearance otherwise everything fit. The wheel weights are homemade. The snow blower is actually an AgriFab snow blower manufactured for (Craftsman), yes, I know, sorry. This conversion was a lot easier than I thought it would be on this particular tractor. If anyone wants the details for this conversion let me know. And of course, there will be a cab coming soon.
I would like to thank Sandy Lake Implement (parts), Jacks
Small Engine (parts), Well's Implement (decals) Robbins Radiator (my local
Briggs dealer) and the club members for advice and information and most of all
you Kent, for making the website and club possible.